It’s been a long time, but finally we had another Hoagies & Stogies, on the topic of Images of Christ, with myself and Dr. David Van Drunen of WSCAL.
Here are the .mp3:
Everyone there had a great time. Give the mp3 a download and have a listen!
For further research, you can find some of Dr. van Drunen’s writing on the topic online:
- “Iconoclasm, Incarnation, and Eschatology: Toward a Catholic Understanding of the Second Commandment“
- “Celebrating Jesus’ Birth — Without His Picture“
And it’s not online, but you should get to a seminary library so you can read:
- “Pictures of Jesus and the Sovereignty of Divine Revelation: Recent Literature and a Defense of the Confessional Reformed View”, Confessional Presbyterian Journal 5, 2009.
Also, there is Danny Hyde’s book In Living Color: Images of Christ and the Means of Grace.
Great Commisions Publications (who make, among other things, Sunday School curriculum for the OPC and PCA) set out their policy for the OPC GA.
For the other side, I would first recommend the long article
- “Vere Homo” (Truly Man), Jeff Meyers
There is also a position paper by the RPCES, but note that, “in the providence of God, the RPCES never instituted the proposed changes in its edition of the Westminster Confession or Catechisms, due to its reception into the PCA in 1982.” You could also check out John Frame’s Doctrine of God, ch 25-26, especially pp. 484-486.
And for posterity’s sake, here is my outline that I worked from.
And of course, look out for the great events that Mike announced; check the Hess Brewing website or their Facebook page for more details:
- Thu Jun 16: Free Tri-tip Thursday
- Fri Jun 24: F. A. C. (Friday Afternoon Club) with live music, and discounts if you bring your Hess glassware.